Jumping Ship


Engine trouble at a verrrrry inconvenient moment during the night (more on that later). Got a tow into Cape May for repairs, which won’t take long. A weather window is slamming shut, though, with 10 foot seas and 30 mph winds expected over the next several days.

So, after a hot breakfast we’ll split up. Paul and Jay will stay with the boat, holed up in Cape May until it passes. George and I will jump ship and head back.


I guess Barnegat Bay will have to wait for another time. Taking the train back, the quality of the view has already diminished considerably.









postcard from the road



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *